Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Unwavering passion

On a stone atop a hill I sat perched,
Wondering if I'd ever find what I truly wanted,
Slowly I got tired of the lonesome journey but I waited,
I grew stronger and the determination in myself grew unabated.

Little did I know this day would come,
The day I'd stand proud and exclaim to some,
That true love is not hard to come by,
And trust me, I swear I could testify,
It's just that sometimes it takes longer,
And the ones who wait get onto the trees that are stronger.

I hold on to our love, it's my strong tree,
But that's not all, you also gave me wings to be me,
You let me be all that I am and more,
I swear I love you and I know this for sure,
You're more than everything I've ever hoped and wished for.

Might be very intense but I need you to hear,
I'll always be there for you and never against, not here,
Time will pass and wear us out thin and weak,
We might grow out of this phase but our love shall never be meek,
Roaring thunders and storms may pass,
Amidst all that, together we'll be steadfast
And through the test of time we'll last.

Penned with love, for love - 30/6/2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment